Friday, June 30, 2006

Pink - Part 1

There is this Gal in my company whom I met first during my training days. I was new to Bangalore during those times and the weekend after we got our first Salary she asked me whether I can accompany her to shopping precisely clothes. Being a ‘Mr. Nice Guy’ types (then) I agreed to go with her.

Before describing the course of events that took place on that day, I would like to describe the way I shop. Before going to shop for clothes I would decide exactly what I am going to shop. I would decide that I want 3 shirts of so and so color whether short sleeved or full sleeved and so and so trousers to go with them. I would decide how many of these trousers are going to be Jeans, Casuals and so. So when I enter a store I would just ask for those things and the moment I realize that these are what I want, I would buy them (of course after keeping an eye on the price).So my shopping lasts usually for about ten minutes that too if there is a queue at the cash counter. My best pal Rajesh would beat me here.

So we decided to meet on Brigade road in front of Mota Arcade (It’s a Mall on Brigade road) at precisely 11:00 AM (Those I days I used to wake up early by 10 AM). Another bad habit of mine is I never follow the Indian standard time of being half an hour late but she did. I don’t mind waiting too much but I definitely mind waiting on Brigade road that too on a Saturday. (It’s a pain to wait there, it’s too crowdy, too noisy for my liking). Besides the crowd, noise and pollution a gang of Chinese women were eyeing me – you know what I mean. I tried calling this female to know about her whereabouts but half the time it said Network Busy and the other times it said User busy.

Finally I get a call from her at 11:35 asking me where I was. I was very tempted to say that I was at home sleeping and actually escape from there before she turns up but you know being a ‘Mr. Nice Guy’ types has its share of problems. I said very politely that I was at the place agreed upon (without a hint of frustration). She says she is stuck in the traffic jam hence she couldn’t come on time; I was very tempted to tell her that being two weeks old in Bangalore I knew what Bangalore traffic was like and she leading all her life in Bangalore should have known better and started early but you know being a ‘you know who’ I told her that its not a problem at all. Finally she says she will be at the rendezvous point in another 2 minutes and hanged up.

The 2 minutes became 15 minutes. See when some body tells you that they will be there in 2 minutes you are mentally prepared to see them in 2 minutes and when 2 minutes become 4 minutes and then 6, 8 and 10 you slowly lose the expectancy factor and when finally the person turns up you act as if you never expected to see the person. That’s what happened when she finally turned up at 11:50AM. By that time the Chinese Gang also gave up on me and left to look at other avenues I guess.

“Hi Avi !!!!”

To be Contd…..

16 comments:

BadhriNath said...

nalla pozhappu dhaan po.. first salary cheque vaangittu u were waiting in brigade road. u could have spent time usefully by letz say sleeping, playing .... :)

I will wait for subsequent parts [plural seeing by the way it started u had written a post for 50 mins and guess 4 more for next 4 hours]

catch 22 said...

@ Badri - Make it 5 hrs ;)

musafir said...

Argh! You had to do this to me on the internet didn't you? Gah!

And guess what the story has morphed into now? Someone both of us know well told me the other day that, "I heard you're done with your shopping before the others are done with their parking" - oh boy, wouldn't I like to lay my hands on whoever it is who told her that?!

And "Chinese Gang" huh? I can visualise a "Water torture" of a different kind ;) - you missed out buddy! Big time!

Anonymous said...

@Musafir

That goes to prove it huh? And no it wasnt Avi who told me... It was some one else.... Now there is more proof....Ha.. There U go!:)

The Individualist said...

Liked the logic in the last paragraph. And your different way of shopping...

catch 22 said...

@ Musafir - Well I just wanted to giv ya some free publicity, u see fast shopping men could be a turn on for a few women who knows ;). Honestly though am all for Polygamy but definitely for G@#G B&*G.

@ Anonymous - Now you have it from the Horse's mouth itself. Actually K even timed it came under 2 minutes.

@ The Individualist - yeah my way of shopping is different and my mom has never been happy with it. She is like u have to go to every shop in the town and check out everything and then finally buy it. How much ever I tell her that I know what I want (to wear) and it doesnt matter which shop I buy as long as I get it, she always sighs. Guess Moms are that way.

@ Nishu - U shifting to Bangalore. Welcome :). Yeah I will put up Part 2 sometime this week.

musafir said...

@ catch22 and anonymous:

Oh, Shut up.

Saira said...

good one yaar...need to hear what happened next...but to tell u even i hate waiting and have frd's who've made me wait like that...so can understand and for u it might have been more difficult coz u were trying to be someone u were not...
well said...so post the 2nd part soon...

Neha said...

lol.. i can absolutely relate to her :P

with some plp no matter what happens or when they start, they always end up late.. me too one of them :-)

nice start.. wud like to hear more..

catch 22 said...

@Saira - "for u it might have been more difficult coz u were trying to be someone u were not..."
What was I trying to be ? Mr NiceGuy. Ofcourse I was. ;)

@ Neha - You can relate to her!!! not me :(.Will post the second part sometime this week.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes ofcourse we all believe your 'mr.nice guy' routine..and well why you went shopping with her on the first place...I might ofcourse could have got the events a bit anachronistic and if I had been more of cynical nature I would have said you agreed to the 'shopping' excuse...err..I mean 'help' because she complimented you in no-uncertain-terms your delectable(apparently..women I tell you...sigh..) derriere...

Oh well lets face it d00d..there is no such thing as a 'nice guy' :P:P

Yeah yeah I should know..fat lot of good it to me in school..:|

catch 22 said...

@ Anonymous - U neednt have been anonymous at all dood. I can recognize ur writing anywhere. He he where ever u got the idea that she complimented on my "Delectable Derriere ". Ofcourse there is a thing called Mr Nice Guy I will prove it to you sometime. But being a Mr Nice guy is not so nice :p

Anonymous said...

Ah that 'anonymous' wasnt intentional..was too lazy to log in..and ofcourse the fact that I didnot sign of with the trademark signature (pun intended)shows I am indeed overworked...
anyway 'pink is not my obsession' :P

Girish...!

Saira said...

yeah definitely u were trying to be the Mr. Nice Guy which from ur post seems u were not..;)

catch 22 said...

@ Saira - What made u think that I was not ?

Ekta said...

oops!
I am guilty of this too..been late quite a few times...though not sooo late!!:-)
Waiting for the part 2!