Friday, July 07, 2006

Pink - Part 2

“Hi Avi!!!!” And there she was all teeth. It’s very difficult to describe my first reactions when I saw her the way I saw her. She was all pink, literally!!! She was wearing this pink overcoat; I don’t remember properly the color of the top over which she wore the overcoat. She wore a knee length pink skirt and also pink sandals and she also carried a pink hand bag. I guess she also had this pink clip or rubber band to keep her hair in place. Its not that I hate pink or something but too much of anything is not going to keep you in pink health. This is the ninth time I have used pink inclusive of this sentence. Phew!!!

I mean these days pink is kind of a revelation. The other day I was reading this article in Metro Plus (it’s a supplement of Hindu news paper) about how pink is dominating the pack of colors. The article had this picture of Saif Ali Khan from Salaam Namasthe movie wearing a pink brief. The article spoke about how pink was considered to be a feminine color and only the likes of Govinda used to wear such colors in movies. But these days pink is recommended color whether you are going to a job interview or on a blind date. The reason given by the article was that pink reflects the sensitive nature of a person. It also said that you would improve your chances of your success if you wore pink. I say its holy crap. Anyway we digress from the topic.

“You are looking really pretty. “ I told her. She was all teeth again and I guess kind of blushed too if I remember correctly. “Where do you want to go?” I asked her. She was like you tell me. This is a big problem for me. I mean if she wants to shop then I am under the presumption that she knows where she wants to go. I was like your wish you tell me where you want to go and we will go there. Finally we went to the crossword (it’s a book store on Residency road). She got a pen for her best friend which had something fluffy at the back and yeah it was pink in color.

Then we had a really strange argument. She said she always gifts a person what she wants to and not sparring a single thought as to whether the other person likes it or not. I told her that I actually gift a person what he/she did not already have and what he/she would love owning it, that’s how my thought process works. She was like I will gift them what I want them to own. She said “for e.g. my brother doesn’t like T Shirts and never buys them hence when ever I buy any clothes for him I always buy him T Shirts so that way at least he would wear them.” After some amount of arguing we finally agreed to disagree.

Then out of the blue she said that she wants to buy something for me. She asked me what I wanted. This is another big problem for me. It’s a tricky predicament when somebody asks you what gift you want. There are thousand and one things which come to your mind but you can’t just tell some one that this is what I want for a gift, at least I couldn’t. So I asked her why she wants to buy a gift for me. She said for your Birthday dumbo (it was my birthday couple of weeks back then). After some time I knew I have to choose something for a gift. I asked for a couple of books to the shopkeeper and he said they were not available. I breathed a sigh of relief and told her probably some other time. She reluctantly agreed. She said we will go to Commercial Street to shop for clothes and we were on our way.

To be Contd…..

20 comments:

Karthik said...

Are u watching lots of TV Serials these days ??

catch 22 said...

@ karthik - Nope!! why do u ask ?

Karthik said...

U didn't catch that ?? Hmm .. Ok .. I am not a big fan of series posting wherein u take a small story and break it into smaller pieces ..

catch 22 said...

@ Karthik - I did catch it but still wanted to make sure. I dint want to write one huge post and burden the readers to read it at one go. The emphasis was just not on story its just the undelying thoughts i was trying to analyse. There is nothing gr8 abt the story perse. i can just sum it up saying I went shopping with so and so and it was gr8 fun.

Anonymous said...

"“Where do you want to go?” I asked her. She was like you tell me"
"I was like your wish you tell me where you want to go and we will go there"

Well.. I was like under the impression like that like had outlived its life like as a filler ???!!!!

Whats the reason like for the sudden revival of the like??

Anyways.. Jus waiting with bated breath to know what you might be trying to say in parts!!

catch 22 said...

@ Anon - Lol. good observation. I guess that the way I write. Do I know ya ?

The Man Who Wasnt There said...

Nice. We are going to get the 'story' in installments eh?
Be sure to add in semi clad f. of the s. and muscle wrenching m. of the s.

I couldnt care for the latter but you see I am an 'equal opportunity' guy.

Maybe for the sake of verisimilitude you should have used the color 'pink' in your font...

The Mocking Spirit said...

Hey nice one...
whats with the Parts...? Suspense...???

Well...
12th is catching up on me...!! cant find time.... nowadays...but still... I am finding sometime...! ;)

I posted a new one...! Check.

catch 22 said...

@ Girish - Font in pink eeks!!!

@ Mocking spirit - No suspense madame if u r looking for one you would be disappointed .just an experience.

The Mocking Spirit said...

Well yeah... in 12th...! Horrible class to be in...!!
its not classy enough... ;)
U there in orkut by any chance...?
If you are... whats ur name in there...?

catch 22 said...

@ Nishu - Its ok if ya like pink I amnot against pink color or something but too much of it makes me puke. So dood u already in Banaglore ?

Anonymous said...

yes and Know... :-)

But you shouldnt be writing the way you speak, should you ?
And you shouldnt be speaking the way you write, should you ???
Anyway, i m of the old school, frowning upon fillers of any sort.... :-)

catch 22 said...

@ Anon - I guess there are two kinds of writers in this world. those who writes for others and those who write for themselves. I guess i belong to the second category. :)

Saira said...

its really bad on ur part making us read ur story in parts...is this kind of a mystery or what...well knw when u wrote the first part i thought abt the topic..and was bit confused abt what does PINK mean...now i get it...and was rather funny on that girls part to wear pink like that...i'd never do that....he he he

catch 22 said...

@ Saira - There is no mystery involved here if u are expecting one u would be disappointed. Its just a shopping experience with a woman. :)

Anonymous said...

ha..truly glad to find a bloggist who doesnt write for the comments...
but fillers spoil the beauty of the language.. Perhaps, u should rather pause, than like. :-).. what say?
Hope i m not making a mountain out of a molehill..
Like your style of writing for its lucidity and the feel of honesty that it carries..
No dressy stuff, simple and straight.. Maybe thats why the fillers stand out all the conspiciously..

catch 22 said...

@ Anonymous - Point taken :)

BadhriNath said...

oru mega serial uruvagum. give this to radaan and we can have a serial :)

catch 22 said...

@ Badri - Ha ha no way I hate those Radaan serials thoroughly. But I guess can be made into a movie though ;)

Anonymous said...

The emphasis was just not on story its just the undelying thoughts i was trying to analyse.

Most of the people forgot to analyse...I used to analyse when am going for shopping, or to some other places...If i am planning to meet my friend, i will make it by time, but some friends make me wait which really driven me mad manytimes...
Even for shopping they dont have any plans abt what to shop, so dat we have to roam thro all the shops, atlast i will get fedup of shopping just to buy a single set of chudi....
Regarding gifts i prefer to gift what the concern person likes, not of my wish, many people disagree with that...I do know y?