Monday, March 06, 2006

What's their f^&*ing problem?

Moi went to Chennai last weekend after a long gap of 2 months. I just wanted spend a lazy weekend feasting on home made cuisines and basically just lazing around. I seriously had no plans of going to any relative's place. But moi mom dragged me along to moi granny's place, no matter of pleading, threatening helped she just emotionally blackmailed me saying that your grand mother is too old and she might pass away any day and I might regret not meeting her etc. I gave in saying that will go sometime in the evening and happily slept off where as moi mom left in the morning itself asking me to eat out :(. So much for the home made cuisines. Moi got up around 4 PM after sleeping at 10 AM :) and lazed around for sometime then realized that I cant escape and I have to go. Finally made to moi granny's place around 5:30 PM.

On going there I realized that its not as bad as I feared in to be, after all they were moi own people, ofcourse a lot of sweets and snacks helped the cause though :). Moi granny was asking me all sorts of questions ranging from Pay package to girl friends. I assured her that i dont have any girl friends and she appeared to be happy on hearing this. I just hoped that she wouldnt pick up the topic of marriage and for a change she dint.:). Finally went to Aunt's place where mom was supposed to be and I thought the ordeal was over without much fuss( not knowing what awaited me at my aunt's place).

Went to Aunt's place exchanged a few pleasantries and then it all began. Moi cousin that bugger who is two yrs younger to me is getting married in a couple of months. So aunt asked me what are moi plans about tying the knot. I said I havnt thought about it hoping that it wouldnt be probed further. Then moi other aunt ( moi mom has 3 sisters) was like we will have to look for a gal who is also working so that she wouldnt get bored when am at office other wise she will just run away and everybody started giggling as if it were a joke. Then she said that there is a girl called Miss J and she also had done her engineering ( mind you its very rare in our community i.e Jains for a girl to study beyond 12th) and she also has plans of working etc. I repeated I havent thought about marriage as of now before I could complete the sentence, moi another cousin's wife started shouting that Miss J is too fat and she wont be a good match for me. For that moi aunt replied that she was fat before but not now. Moi mom also pithed in saying that she had seen Miss J some 8 yrs back( probably she would have been 13 at that time) and she was very pretty with her small face. Then they just sat there and were discussing about my marriage ,my gal, my life as if I were non existent. When they were busy arguing whether Miss J is a good match for me or not, I inconspicuosly slipped out of the room and was finally at peace.

This is not the first time that it had happened and I fear nor will this be the last time. Its a good topic of conversation for them and they take it upon as their responsibility to set me up. Will have to plan something so that these conversations dont happen too often. Thinking of creating a illusory Girl friend and letting them know that am already committed so that these conversations can stop.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dum dum dum pi pi pi...
ok so lets face it...when is it going to be?..and psst pst what the full name of J da?
The same thing happened to another guy in my team last week. the only diff is that he is 27. You know what he did? He went outside, brought a large stone and shoooed all the elderly people who were talking about his marraige.

Atleast you were saved coz Miss J was not there in the same room. Imagine how it wud have been if she was also in the same room. Man...both of u wud have gone red.

catch 22 said...

I guess she wud have gone red for different reasons and I for different reasons.;)