Tuesday, March 21, 2006

GOD getting booed !!!!

" I was an atheist until someone told me that Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar was God."
The incident which triggered this post is Sachin getting booed by the Mumbai crowd last Sunday. But the desire to write this post has been there for quite sometime now. Some time back I was shocked, infuriated, frustrated and angered when I saw the head line "Endulkar?" I wanted to write this post then but I waited and the God answered my prayers when he played the most important role in winning the one day series against Pakistan and the entire media hailed his innings of 95 as one of the best innings ever played given the conditions. I was happy that the master has delivered and didnt see a necessity to write this post. But fews days later, now I see the God getting booed in his own backyard. Are these people crazy to expect that everytime the master goes to bat he must score a century. I agree that he played a loose shot , he shouldnt have got out the way he did but comeon people its just a mistake cant you forgive his one folly after all he has done for the Indian cricket. He has been playing international cricket for sixteen years now and there was a period when he carried the entire burden when there was nobody to support him he kept the spirits of people alive, he kept their faith in the Indian team alive, he dragged the crowds to the stadium and now you give him this, is this the tribute you pay to this great man. You might argue that he has not won as many games for India although he has all the records, now people tell me is it his fault if he plays and nobody around him plays remember cricket is a team game its not a one man show. I admit that he is no more his old self his game has evolved with time and years has taken a toll on his body. Probably this is the beginning of the end for him but he doesnt deserve the treatment he is getting now, just leave him alone and he will show you what he can do. Do you people think that India can win 2007 world cup without this man, if so check out the world cup statistics of Sachin and you will understand that India will come nowhere close to winning the worldcup without him. India needs this man and they cannot dispose him off as easiliy as they did it with Ganguly. Today is the fifth day of Mumbai test match how badly I wish him to remove that helmet and raise the bat to the pavillion and thank the skies. Yesterday I had another jolt when I heard that he would be out of one day series against the England with shoulder injury, these are not good signs, there is a possibility that there is little cricket left in him. So guys from now on when ever he comes to bat savour his batting as if he is never goin to bat again.

No comments: