Monday, March 13, 2006

What a day !!!!

Whoa !!! What a day has been yesterday!!! A perfect sunday after a long time.
Highlights of the day:
1. Played Cricket in the morning and scored some runs after a long time :).
2. Indian tail did wag and hence a lead of 38 runs.
3. Five of England wickets fell yesterday ( Today India won the match).
4. Watched Iqbal on Sony Max, worth a watch, liked it very much.
5. Fernando Alonso won the Bahrain Grand Prix.
6. Was fortunate enough to watch one of the greatest Cricket matches ever played in the history of the game. South Africa won the match and the series against Australia. Number of records tumbled. Absolutely nail biting encounter.
7. Manchester United won against NewCastle united 2-0. Rooney score two goals.
8. Liverpool lost against Arsenal 0-2 . Not that am a Arsenal fan but since Liverpool are in the race for second place in the premiership and competing against Manchester United I wanted them to lose.
I was Euphoric after SA won the match, wanted them to beat Australia very badly. All the old memories (SAs defeat in the world cup semi final) came back flooding. I couldnt have asked for a better Sunday.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

there you go stealing a post

catch 22 said...

I had to write this. :)

Sartorial Sarcasm said...

I saw the match (sa v/s aus) the most awesome ever and I saw it all LIVE! YIPEE!!

Neha said...

this is the third blog post i'm reading on sunday's sporting events..lol..

hey i loved iqbal!it's a fab movie..

catch 22 said...

@ Neha - for the sport buff I am, trust me it was a feast.

consumerdemon said...

i was on the bloody train. i got the news thro the cellphone. didn't believe it initially.

catch 22 said...

@ Meera - Don miss the highlights, trust me that was one hell of a match.

hUmDiNgEr said...

BTW..
The Reds lost 1-2 to the Gunners..:)

catch 22 said...

@ Surya : Yeah u r right I forgot the Lui Garcia goal. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Anand said...

woah!
That does seem like the ideal day--at home watching the best of sports!
What more could a guy ask for-am jealous!