Thursday, August 17, 2006

Mumbai Rocks!!!!!

Was in Mumbai for past one week. Phew!!! That city truly rocks. I went there to meet few of my cousins and sort out certain family issues too. I flew for first time in my life and it was a decent experience. The only bad thing about the journey was the tea. They gave me around 250 ml hot water, a tea bag, one small sachet of milk powder and one sugar sachet (that’s all I normally have 3 sachets of sugar – I know I know its too much but I like it that way). I mixed them all and it tasted like anything but tea. What did I expect from Air Deccan? Huh. I make great tea, you don’t believe it? Ok good tea even my mom says that.

So finally landed there, of course half an hour late. I find all the roads are wet, not stagnated with water but just wet. I was really happy to see that it hadn’t been raining helter-skelter there. And during my entire stay there was not much of rain, atleast it dint hamper any of my plans. And to top it all the moment I got inside the train while coming back its started pouring down. :)

I had 3 of my cousins giving me company all the time. First of them Jinus –He had finished his Engineering and doing computer hardware business, he is a cool dude, knows how to have fun. Second of them – Zarna – She had finished her BPharm this year and looking for jobs, she is one of her kind, extremely lazy (after all genes you see) and extremely smart. Third of them – Zenith – He is in his final year of BCom. He knows all the good places to hangout, Lanky dude and we share the same passions in sport. Awesome people to hangout with. Had loads of fun with you guys. Thanks a lot for everything.

We had a Maruti Zen at our disposal. We went to a variety of places – Mocha’s at Churchgate, Phoenix at Lower Parel, Cosmic at Khar, Spice and Flavors, Nuriman Point, Reclamation, Worli Sea view, Ayub’s for Paneer Kati roll, Bachelor’s for Juices and Ice Creams. Every one of these places had something good about them. I thoroughly enjoyed each of them. Had lots of Hookaah too ;). Hookaah had become a new fashion in Mumbai, every eat out or a coffee shop has to have it. The people in the city know how to have fun. The night life of the city is great. Inspite of many bomb scares people still thronged the streets. They never let go of an opportunity to celebrate.

Three cheers to the spirit of Mumbai.

P.S – Today is one of my Best friends, Kripa’s Birthday. Happy Birthday dude. Have a blast.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

wow me firsttttttttt!!!!!!woohoo

so u had grt week...
have heard abt mumbai

"Happy Birthday" to your best friend
wishing her good luck

Saira said...

hey.. so u had a great time in mumbai and loved flying for the first time ...knw wat i still remember when my brother flew for the first we all pulled his leg like anything..asking him to do this and that and not get lost ..to take care of himselfand all that we cud say...and whn we used to do this he used to blush like anything...:))...oh that was such a great time for him..im sure for you too...enjoy!!

Neha said...

hey great trip :-)

u sure ahd a blast..

first flight too eh...alot of firsts here :-)
njoyyyyyyy

musafir said...

"
wishing her good luck
"

ROTFL!

No offence meant, nitika ... jeez, can't wait to see "her" expression when (if) "she" reads this!

catch 22 said...

@ Nitika - Kripa Shankar is a Guy. Thats why I said 'Dude'. I hope he doesnt read this ;)

@ Sair and Neha - Yeah had loadsa fun in Mumbai. Amazing place - U shud visit sumtime.

@ Musafir - You wudnt let such an oppurtunity go wud yya ;)

Unknown said...

@ nikita: thanks for those wishes....and thanks a lot more for giving my friends a "ROTFL" opportunity...baaaah...

@ avi: thanks da...good you clarified it.

@ musafir: shut up...:) my reaction huh....a shake of the head....and 1 huge kick the next time i meet you

Still Searching said...

Yeah, Mumbai has its good parts.. having lived there for a while, I realise too that its a very vibrant city.. but just to go once in a while.. somehow don't feel like staying there for too long, esp during the rainy season!

~SuCh~ said...

more than the post, the comments section offers more entertainment value... ;-)

SeePearrl said...

cool trip huh ?

happy birthday to kripa!

The Mocking Spirit said...

Thanks for tagging me....

U have been tagged tho...(declaration : I was not aware u tagged me....b4 i tagged u...)

Dewaker Basnet said...

mumbai really really rocks mate:) glad that u had a rocking time there :)

Anonymous said...

Even for me travelling to Mumbai was my first flight...I was totally excited, and i felt the sameway as you feel...I feel everything strange inside flight..I have't been to many places in Mumbai...but travelling by train is a horrible experience...I wonder how people are managing daily..Actually me and my friend have been to her aunt's place....The only thing i enjoyed in Mumbai is her Aunt's cooking, she made me eat all the times, Varieties of food, God chanceless such a good cook ever seen in my life...