Monday, January 16, 2006

Passion or the lack of it

How important is passion to ones life? I have been haunted by this question for quite some time. I have this nagging feeling that am not passionate about anything in life. I have this attitude of sab-kuch-chalta-hain which am not very sure if its a good attitude to have. When ever am haunted by this question I console myself saying that its just a matter of time before i discover my passion. But there is another side of me which asks me what if I don find my passion and it doesnt feel good when I confront such a question. I can always create a psuedo sense of passion like many other people but my code of life which I live by doesn allow me to do so. But I personally believe that being passionate about some thing is very important to celebrate ones existence, it could be anything, could be work, music, people or anything else. Its kinda gives meaning to your life, purpose to your life without which it would be a lie if I say I am alive. Without passion it feels like you are on a slippery ground with absolutely nothing to hold on. You might fall anytime and never be able to getup. These days I feel am not attached to anything in this world, I hardly feel any emotion, I am very quiet for larger periods of time and when I try to break the silence I feel that a part of me is had been detached and its mockin at my effort. I hope I find my footing soon before its too late.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It true ... you need to be passionate about something in life ... for some its bikes , for some its music , literarture , art .... But my personal feeling is you can get an immense satisfaction if you are passionate about a cause ... Take for instance the case of under privileged children in India ... Child labour is something that is going to take years to abolish .... The least one could do is to contribute for their education.... At one time I wanted to adopt a child ... that was when I was in college ... Now in my mid twenties I realise how huge that responsibility is .... So the least I can do is to donate and give a bit of my time to make the world a better place for them ... Be passionate ... Live life .. for a cause ...

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with u dude.... I know the exact feel of what u are saying
Good luck in finding ur passion!

catch 22 said...

@ Anna : I am still strong abt adopting a child when the time comes. But let me make one thing clear I don live life for making this world a better place to live in. I live for my own cause for enjoyin my own existence and if that cause have the consequences of makin this world a better place, well and gud, but thats neither my cause nor my concern.

@Anon: I think i might require more introspection than luck to find my passion. what say?

Anonymous said...

Hi again,

What was spoke was from my perspective ... I feel good when I know have managed to help some one in some way ... Thats me ... I do not expect you to be an ounce like me ... So you need to introspect what you would like to do , I have found my footing ... Am living ; not existing , Am open to the world , not closed & shut ... I can take in all the elements ......I breathe , I Live !